What is a Junk Food?
Junk food is an empty calorie food. These foods have little enzyme producing vitamins and minerals and contain high level of calories from fat. Any food that has poor nutritional value is considered unhealthy. A food that is high in fat, sodium, and/or sugar is known as a junk food.
- Most processed foods – which generally contain sugar, salt and fat
- Fatty foods like butter, cream, most cheeses, fatty meat
- Sugars, Refined foods, like sugar and plain flour (maida) based items
- Sugary foods like cakes and candies
- Food containing additives and colourings
- Fats & Hydrogenated oils found in cookies, chips, candy bars, fried foods
- Sugary or diet soda drinks
- Salty foods
- Fast food and takeaways
The Healthy foods are:
- Almost anything fresh is a good start.
- Oily fish
- Vegetables, particularly orange- or dark green ones
- Oats and other fiber-rich grains
- Pulses (beans, peas)
- Certain vegetable oils which are high in monounsaturates
Soup is at the heart of good food and good nutrition - and the heart of Knorr. Soup naturally enjoys a healthy nutritional profile, can help you increase your daily consumption of vegetables and will help you look good, feel good and keep fit. Did you know, for instance, that people who eat more soup tend to have:
- A lower Body Mass Index
- Lower fat intake
- Lower energy intake per day
- Better cholesterol values
- Better nutritionally balanced breakfasts, lunches and dinners
Soup is a nourishing dish offering an almost primitive comfort.