- Tomatoes contain the pigment lycopene, which is highly effective against cancers of the prostate gland, cervix, colon, rectum, stomach, mouth, and oesophagus.
- Lycopene is also a powerful antioxidant that prevents premature wrinkling of skin and cataract.
- Recent studies have also proved the role of lycopene in preventing osteoporosis.
- Coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid found in tomatoes have been found to lower the risk of lung cancer.
- Tomatoes are effective against liver cirrhosis and gall stones.
- They are also effective against high blood pressure.
- Tomatoes are regarded as a “natural antiseptic” that is effective against various infections.
- Tomatoes have been found effective against heart diseases.
- The nicotinic acid in tomatoes helps lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of Vitamins C, K and A. They are also rich in Potassium and Iron.
- Tomatoes are great blood purifiers.
- They are also good for diabetics.
- Tomatoes also prevent hemorrhages.
- They keep the digestive tract healthy.
- And here is the good news! Including tomatoes in your daily diet is a great way to a healthy and glowing complexion.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Top 15 Reasons Why Your Kids Should Have Tomato Soups
Tomato soups are considered one of the most nutritionally rich soups in the world. While most kids refuse to eat tomatoes or drink tomato juices, they simply love them as soups. Take a look at the top 15 reasons why you should include tomato soups in your child’s diet: